Thursday, August 14, 2008

LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT HOBBY LOBBY!!!!


I have been wanting the scalloped Nestabilities dies for months and even tried ordering them direct from Spellbinders but everytime I went online, they were out of stock! I stopped in at Hobby Lobby tonight for watercolor paper and Copic markers that were on sale and found these with the Cuddlebug & Cricut dies! Sewflake Creations has a tutorial on her blog that shows how to use them with the Sizzix Machine so hopefully I won't have to invest in SU's new BIG SHOT quite yet. ___________________________________________________________________
Splitcoaststampers Challenge for today was using Copic Markers in some creative fashion. While I do own a few Copics I haven't gained as much control with them as I can obtain with the SU markers. The image I used for this challenge was one that I colored several weeks ago. It just happened to work well with Stampin'Up!'s new Tango Tangerine cardstock.
Recipe:
Hanglar Stanglar Image
Watercolor Paper
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Ballet Blue Cardstock
Tango Tangerine Cardstock
Night of Navy Cardstock
Kraft Cardstock
Ballet Blue Brads
Silver Hardware
Night of Navy Grosgrain Ribbon
Metallic Silver Paint Pen for bucket
Piercing Tool, SU Mat Pack & Night of Navy Marker
____________________________________________________________________

The final card I made tonight is for a workshop "make n take". I wanted something quick and easy for the guests who are new to stamping. I used a Level III Hostess Set from the new SU Catalog called "Happiness Always." Each flower was stamped in Lavendar Lace and overstamped in Eggplant Envy. The Stems and Leaves were stamped in Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke.

Cardstock: Whisper White, Lavendar Lace, Eggplant Envy, Always Artichoke. The sentiment is from SU Wonderful Words and was stamped in Eggplant Envy. Two white brads were added to finish the card.


Hope you enjoyed today's cards and that you get a chance to "play" today.


Jill

No comments: