Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNEAK PEEK AT NEW SU! SETS

My new SU! stamp sets arrived yesterday and I got a few minutes to play with them this afternoon. I LOVE both sets! One is a 2nd level hostess set and the other is a for purchase set - both being offered in the upcoming Spring/Summer 2009 Catalog.

I fell in love with this set! How cute are these little fellas???? I stamped the bees on Creamy Caramel, colored them with markers and a Gel Pen - them stamped them a second time on Whisper White, cut out the bodies on two of them and the body and wings on the one in the upper right. The wings on this one are folded out to make them 3 dimensional and all have a light coating of stardust stickles to make them sparkle.



This little honey jar and greeting are stamped on the inside of the card. I just LOVE this set!!!!!


This card is made with the hostess set. It is a two-step stamping flower (though I did not use it in this manner), flower buds, leaves, hummingbird and small flower. It has hundreds of possibilities for use - but I tried to keep it fairly simple and just used the outline flower - stamped it three times, cut two out and popped the layers up with dimensionals. I'm not happy with the background treatment - I wanted a distressed, grungy look - but it didn't quite turn out as I envisioned.




That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek of a couple of the new stamp sets.

Jill

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, I love the background on your second card--I have been on the fence about which set(s) to get, as none of them has rocked my boat!!! But I do like this.....and it being blue helps!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
I have some blog candy for you! Email me your details when you can.
Happy New Year
Andrea