Saturday, November 14, 2009

HOSTESS GIFT - SIMPLE & SWEET

I've been busy in my studio - but none of you would know it because I haven't had time to post anything - including my monthly Digital FREEBIE! I will make up for it I promise!! In the meantime I wanted to show you a hostess gift I gave at a workshop yesterday. Who says the nicest gifts and cards take the longest to make. A little ribbon, a button and a sentiment - and you have a sweet little gift. The angle of the photo makes the actual candle color difficult to see but it is a deep Saffron - similar to the "thank you" medallion in the center and it has a rich, spicy scent. The button also has a lovely embossed design adding a little bit of extra interest (and also difficult to see from the angle of the photo).


I used Chocolate Chip and So Saffron cardstock cutout with circle Nestabilities to cover the top of the candle and stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip. The stamp I used is one of the under $10 items in the current SU! Catalog - although if you look for it, it's in the main pages and not the back with the others. The ribbon is a rich brown textured satin and of course the bow was created using that wonderful little gadget - THE BOW EASY! It's one of my favorite tools!!!!

Quick, easy and sweet. Wouldn't these be lovely at each place setting on your Thanksgiving table? Of course I'm not having a thanksgiving table myself - so I'll have to settle for making another and giving it to my wonderful SIL - who provides not only the location for our family dinner but ALL the food as well!!!!

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to read my 'BABBLE'.
Enjoy your day - whatever it brings -
and until next time -
Happy Stamping.

Jill

No comments: