Friday, September 9, 2011

AUTUMN OFFERING

The weather has begun to change here in Central Illinois. It has been in the mid- to lower 70s all week and it has put me in the card-making mood again. The inspiration for this card came from this one by Charlene Merrick.



The photo isn't the best - I took it with my phone and the light fell off towards the bottom right corner making it appear a little blurry - but you get the idea.

All product, except the pumpkin, is Stampin'Up! The cardstocks used are Whisper White (sponged in More Mustard and Soft Suede Inks), River Rock and Cajun Craze. The stamp sets are Hugs & Wishes and Simply Soft (colored using More Mustard, Real Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Real Rust markers.)

I stamped the Simply Soft image twice on a piece of 3" x 3" Whisper White cardstock using Memento Black Ink then colored the image using the SU! markers. I cut the cardstock into 4 - 1 1/2" squares and removed the bottom, right square. I replaced it with a 1 1/2" square of whisper white cardstock and stamped and colored the pumpkin image. I used the corner rounder on two opposing corners of all squares then sponged all four squares in the inks mentioned above.

Next I cut 4 - 1 3/4" squares from Cajun Craze and used corner rounder punch on two opposing corners, then layered them under the stamped images.

The button was tied with Early Espresso Baker's Twine and colored with Pumpkin Pie and Real Red markers to match the Cajun Craze. Of course it would be much easier just to use the Cajun Craze marker - but since I don't own it, I had to make do.

The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip Ink.

Thanks for visiting again with me.
Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice card. I really like the effect with two rounded corners.
SJ

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely lovely! Thank you for sharing your talent!!

Doreen