Thursday, July 17, 2008

NEW TO THIS BLOGGING STUFF . . .




I've never blogged before - if that's really even the correct use of the term - but I have recently been visiting the sites of other stampers and have been impressed with what they have done. Therefore - here I am giving it a go.



I'm a big fan of the Splitcoaststampers website: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/
and get great ideas, encouragement and inspiration from the many talented artists showcased on that site. Today I was able to join in on the "Ways to Use It" challenge: Spice it Up.

I drew and pieced the chili peppers then layered them onto SU Whisper White Card Stock with the edges sponged in Real Red. Using Real Red and Creamy Caramel ink I stamped one of the images from the Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Background set around the peppers. The image was then framed using Stampin' Up Cardstock in Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White. I attached red brads to the four corners then adhered the image to the card. Using a white gel pen I added the words "hot stuff" and the faux stitching around the bottom portion of the card. The last step was to add Crystal Effects to the lower area of the image and sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes.

It was a fun challenge - even though when I first came across it I thought it would be impossible to do! The inside of the card reads: jalapenos, chili peppers, tobasco sauce and YOU! I think it's DH Valentine's card for next year!!!!







2 comments:

Krista Quick said...

Love it, Jill! What a fun card! I would have been stumped by that challenge. I'll be visiting your blog regularly. It looks great.

Lori said...

I looks terrific. Your free hand writing is perfect!