Saturday, September 6, 2008

TODAY IS A THREEFER...

just in case you don't know - that means 3 for the price of one! Seriously - I'm posting 3 cards I made this week as part of a Splitcoast challenge to use fancy designer paper as part of our card. It could be glittery, embossed, flocked etc. This TRULY was a challenge for me. I like touches of Stickles on my projects but to use that as basis for the card - what to do, what to do. These are what I came up with.









I started this first card with Designer Paper from K&Company called "Halloween Whimsy". I don't know why it's called that - it doesn't look anything like Halloween to me! I colored the image from Inkadinkadoo directly on the rubber using my SU markers, lightly spritzed the stamp then stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock then stamped the greeting from SU Small Script in Bravo Burgundy. The edges are sponged in Old Olive and are bordered by Old Olive Cardstock and a piece of SU Bella Rose Designer paper. The leaves are a sticker I found at a local scrapbook store and the faux brads were created using Green Stickles.




This scraggly little scarcrow is from Rubberneckers. He was a freebie a couple of weeks ago on their Treasure Hunt Tuesday promotion. Isn't he cute???? The paper I chose for this card is from SU's Fall/Winter Collection 2007 entitled: Creepy Crawly. To make it fit with the SCS challenge I added stickles to some of the lines. The image was stamped with Jet Black Stazon ink onto 140# watercolor paper, colored with SU markers then layered onto Old Olive and Basic Black cardstock which was cut using Nestabilities. I added Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, a few dots with the white gel pen, and stickles to the harvest moon to finish.




The last card uses the same image and coloring technique as the first one. Though I did add some speckles using SU's Itty Bitty Backgrounds. Obviousy the colors were changed to coordinate better with the background paper which was from Best Creations. The designer paper has just a touch of Cameo Coral marker applied to the center leaf to blend with the outer image border which was cut with a Nestabilites. It also has glitter and shine which does NOT show up well in the photo. The inner image border is a piece of the Bella Rose DP from SU. The main cardstock is Mellow Moss and stamped in Always Artichoke with some stardust stickles applied randomly throughout. I added organdy ribbon that I died using the Handsome Hunter inkpad and a spongedauber.


That's it for today. I'm off to Galesburg this afternoon to scrapbook. We are making a scrapbook using the new 8 1/2 x 8 1/2" On Board Album from SU and one of the Simply Scrappin' kits. It's supposed to be able to be completed (photos and all) in 4 hours! I'll let you know how THAT goes!!!!




Hope you have a quiet and relaxing weekend.


Remember - God created for 6 days and rested on the 7th. I think we should follow his example and be creative and "play" the majority of our time don't you???? :)


Jill

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful cards! Love your bright colours...the third is my fave!