Thursday, June 25, 2009

LOW CARB PIZZA RECIPE

So I did my water exercises last night at the health club. I ran in the water, swam a few laps, and did my leg and arm exercises - for an hour! I felt so good when I finished - like I really accomplished something - so to celebrate I ate 3/4 of a large Monical's pizza by myself!!!!! That is a whopping 33 points!!! I DID remove the bread on all but the first couple of pieces so I only exceeded my daily points by 22!!!! The REALLY awful thing is I could have made the cauliflower pizza crust with lowfat cheese, topped it with veggies and another cup of lowfat mozzarella and eaten the entire thing - crust and all - for only 18 points total! Well within my daily limit. THING TO REMEMBER: Plan ahead and cook for myself!


Here's the link to the LOWCARB CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
. I would NEVER have thought to use cauliflower in this way if my niece hadn't mentioned it to me. She follows the Atkins Diet and has done very well - 23 lbs in 8 weeks. I use the Weight Watcher's point system for tracking but since I am a huge cheese lover I try to follow a lowcarb, high protein eating plan. This recipe was perfect for me. And not only can I use it to make pizza, but there's a recipe for "bread" stix AND lasagna too.

Check out the link and give the recipes a try. Once you do, let me know what YOU think.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having good day and that you get a little time to yourself to play.

Until next time,
Happy Stamping!
Jill

No comments: