Friday, June 19, 2009

UNDER THE SEA

I am preparing for a technique's class to be held next weekend and thought I'd give the gel technique a try. I've seen the technique used to create water glasses, plastic bags, vases, etc. but my favorite way to use it is for an underwater aquatic life scene.


The shell, starfish & plant life stamp is from a June Stamp of the Month Club being offered by a local scrapbook store. The seahorse is from SU!Fishy Friends and the sentiment is SU!So Punny. All the images were colored with Prisma pencils. I found this polka-dot embossed designer paper at the same local scrapbook store and it was a PERFECT match for the new SU! In-color: Bermuda Bay. I added touches of Elegant Eggplant for visual contrast (ribbon and punched oval), dots using a white gel pen and 4 little purple gemstones to each corner to finish the card.


If you'd like to try making one of these cards you can find the directions HERE on Splitcoaststampers.


Have a great weekend and until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

4 comments:

Gloria said...

The little guy is just darling!He look so natural there sitting combined with the Sea Shell stamp!
LOVE the bright colors with him.
Now I have to try a gel card!
very cute!

Michelle Langefeld said...

What a great card. You're awesome

Louise said...

That is a beautiful card! The colors are just gorgeous.

Another wonderful creation.

Louise said...

I tried this technique right away.
Bought gel that had a lot of bubbles in, but when I put it in the baggie and spread it out, most of the bubbles disappeared. It's still cool though. Thanks!