Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ONE SHEET WONDER - Part One

Have you ever made or use a template for a "ONE SHEET WONDER"? I never had until yesterday. I've heard the term and seen some cards created with them but had never really been interested in trying my hand at it. THEN one of the SU! demos in my side-line issued a challenge to those of us participating in an upcoming stamping event to create a template and 8 cards using the template. It was actually quite fun and quicker than I imagined it would be.


This is the template I created. It is an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. (The outside border lines are missing.) I added the measurements for those of you who might like to try it and lettered it so that you can match it to the corresponding layouts (shown below). I'm sorry the drawings are so light - they are pencil renderings and I forgot to darken the lines with marker before scanning - and since I'm in a hurry (as usual) I didn't have time to redo them for today's post. If you click on the image it will enlarge it so that you should be able to see the dimensions clearly.

The second image is a diagram of the 8 different layouts I created for this template. The letters are placed on each card so that when it is at the right angle the card is also at the correct angle - either a vertical or horizontal layout.
As you will see by the template there is a letter 'I'. There are 4 small, unused pieces left when you cut up the 8.5" x 11" sheet. I have an idea for a 9th layout using 3 of them - but since I haven't actually created it I didn't want to add the layout to the sketch. Sometimes what looks good in my head doesn't look so good on paper. Know what I mean?????
Come back tomorrow to check out the Fall cards I made using this template. Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry are the "In-colors" I used and they are beautiful - if I do say so myself. LOL!

Until tomorrow -
Have a great day and happy stamping!
Jill

No comments: