Saturday, August 15, 2009

WEDDINGS, BIRTHDAYS AND OTHER STUFF

WOW! I just checked the date of my last blog post and it was more than 2 weeks ago!
Where did that time go - and why wasn't I in my studio happily stamping??? Looking back at my calendar I realized why - I had a wedding and wedding rehearsal dinner to help prepare (my nephew), photos to edit, 2 technique's classes to prepare for and a birthday lunch and shopping (my 50th!). Life has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks but I am all caught up now and looking forward to a week of playtime before getting down to the business of preparing for a workshop at the end of the month.



The 2 cards I'm sharing today are samples from one of my technique's classes. I love the scraps of fabric, the frayed edges and the country feel of the first one. I used SU! Real Red and Mellow Moss markers to color the stamp then stamped directly onto the fabric. I used the writing point of the markers to add "shading" and definition to the stamped image.



The second card is made using the "WRINKLE FREE DISTRESS" technique made "famous" by Sherry Cheever. This was my first attempt at it so it's not up to Sherry's standard - but I still like the way it turned out. I used Cameo Coral and Mellow Moss Inks to create the background then once it was dry, overstamped the image in Not Quite Navy. Isn't the stamp adorable? It's from Great Impressions. I have two older sisters and this reminded me of us as children so it was a "must have".


Not much to chatter about today but I did want to let all of you know about the Peoria Area Stamp Fest that several of us SU! demos are hosting in September. If you will be in the area on the 19th and would like information just leave a message and I'll get back to you with the registration info.
That's it for today. Have a great one and until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

1 comment:

Becky said...

love the cards, I really love the material one, this one is just gorgeous, and fab. pictures.