Sunday, December 13, 2009

DECEMBER BIRTHDAY

One of my nephews turned 10 on the 11th of December and today was his party so of course I had to make a card - I couldn't have done it weeks ago - it HAD to be this morning, the day of the party. (I also had to buy the gift today - it also couldn't have been purchased earlier!) So anyway, as I looked through my kajillion stamps and stamp sets it occurred to me - not for the first time either - that I don't own ANY stamps that work well for those masculine tween cards. I have the SU! Fishy Friends set which make really cute cards - but only if you're an adult or under the age of 7. 10 year old boys would find them just a way bit babyish - especially THIS 10 year old. So what to do????

Thankfully it's winter and snowmen are great for winter cards no matter how old or young you might be. A year or so ago I made a Christmas card using an adorable snowman stamp from WHIPPER SNAPPER. His arms are spread wide and I strung a string of plastic mini tree lights from hand to hand. I love this little guy - he's just toooo cute. I wanted to use this stamp for Tony's bday card so I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on SU!Whisper White cardstock and colored him with alcohol based markers.




Then I cut off his arms (OH NO!) and reattached them so they could hold a birthday cake complete with candles. I told Tony the snowman had to be really careful not to get the flames to close to his body and face or he would melt. Without even looking down at the card in his hand, his response was to say matter of factly "that's why he's all covered up." I loved it!!!! Not only did he "get it", his response also showed me that he really took the time to look at the card I made for him. How many 10 year old boys care as much about the card as they do the present????


RECIPE:
Whipper Snapper Snowman Stamp
Birthday Cake Stamp (unknown mfr)
Very Vanilla cardstock
More Mustard Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Designer Papers sponged in Close to Cocoa
Copic Markers
Buttons
Twine


Thanks for visiting -
Until Next time -
Happy Stamping.

Jill

2 comments:

Louise said...

Cute, cute card!!!

So glad you are back with a new card. Miss seeing your new creations. This one is absolutely adorable. You rock, lady!

Unknown said...

I love your digis Jill! You should be recruiting a DT!!!!!

Roberta