Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MOONLIT CHRISTMAS

Sorry I haven't been posting lately - I haven't been sloughing off though. I have been busily working away on gifts and cards but couldn't post them because I didn't want the recipients seeing them online before receiving them in person. That's like giving a sweater that 70 people have already worn - just NOT the thing to do!!!! LOL! I THINK I am safe to show this card though as I have sent out my Christmas cards and hopefully the recipient of this one already has it and opened it.

I created the main image for this card some time ago - maybe even last year (I am old now and can't remember things as well as I used to) - but did not use it for the card I was making. When it came time to mail my Christmas cards this year I found I was short 22 cards. I don't know how that could possibly be the case because it seems like all I had been making was Christmas Cards since October - but it was true - I still needed 22 cards and QUICK! So I looked through my file of cards - these are the ones I make when the mood strikes and then file away for future use - and was fortunate to find about 12 Christmas cards I had made throughout the years at classes/workshops etc. These would definitely come in handy THIS year but I still needed to make 10 cards and I only had one afternoon to do it. WHAT TO DO?????

I have a "junk" drawer in my studio that holds all the bits and pieces of things I've colored, created etc that are usable but were not used on the project I created it for. This image was in that drawer and would be perfect for a quick card.

To create the background I tore a large post it note to form "snow" and laid it across the bottom of a piece of WHISPER WHITE cardstock. Then I punched a circle (also from a post-it note) and placed it just above the snow to form a moon. Once the post-its were in place I brayered the exposed cardstock in NOT QUITE NAVY then sponged around the edges of the sky in NIGHT OF NAVY. The trees are from the SU! LOVELY AS A TREE stamp set and are stamped in MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK ink. I added STARDUST STICKLES to make the snow sparkle and used a SU!SIGNO WHITE GEL PEN to create the falling snow. The image was layered onto a base of VERY VANILLA cardstock which was created using a SPELLBINDERS SCALLOPED RECTANGLE NESTABILITIES and then layered onto a piece of SU! NIGHT OF NAVY cardstock. The cardbase is SU!VERY VANILLA cardstock and is embossed using the BIGSHOT and a the CUTTLEBUG SWISS DOTS embossing folder. SU! NIGHT OF NAVY organdy ribbon (retired) and a snowflake button add the finishing touch.

Thanks for being patient and hanging in with me while I took a short break from posting. My New Years resolution is to create and post 2-3 projects a week. I hope I can keep to that schedule.

As always -
thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I know you are all busy with your own lives and projects so I really do appreciate your show of support when you visit and comment on mine.

Until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Tis the Season to create cards and how wonderful to find "parts" already created to use up! Beautiful card!
I miss your posts, but know when they do come, they are ALWAYS worth the wait!
Stay warm!

Becky said...

This is a warm and lovely card.