Friday, August 1, 2008

THE IN COLORS HAVE ARRIVED!!!

I received my demo order from Stampin'Up yesterday. I didn't order many items from the sneak peek catalog because to tell you the truth, I just wasn't that impressed. I love the out-going "in colors", eg. River Rock, Bayou Blue, Soft Sky. The new colors are much brighter and vibrant and as I said on Wednesday's post - bright and vibrant is not my style.

So, anyway the order arrived, I unpacked and started to play. The colors are amazing! I was WRONG!!! Yes, I know - I admitted it. This is probably one post you might want to save as I HATE to be wrong. The new colors are Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, and Riding Hood Red. If you would like to see how they compare to the regular SU color families Julie Buhler has done a side by side comparison on her blog.
I started out by stamping the image (from one of the new hostess sets) in Stazon Black ink on Watercolor paper and using markers and a blender pen to color. I then chose three of the new IN Colors (Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss) to use as background layers to the image and sponged the edges of each using tone on tone. The main cardstock is SU Barely Banana edged in More Mustard and dotted with Night of Navy marker. I love polka dots but admittedly there are a FEW too many on this card! If I did it again I would only dot the Barely Banana and stitch around the colored layers. To finish I added brads, a paper flower, and ribbon.


This is an image from my Matt n Mandy drawings. I used Brocade Blue as my main cardstock and accented with Real Red, Certainly Celery and Whisper White cardstock, buttons, brads and ribbon. The Designer Paper is from Creative Memories.
The main image was colored with markers, colored pencils, white gel pen, blender pen and a sponge dauber. The leaves of the tree were created using the smallest dots from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set and stamped in Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke. The sentiment is from SU Mini Mates. The faux stitching was created by using a piercing tool and the Stampin Up Mat Pack to evenly space the holes then connected using Night of Navy Marker.
Enjoy your day - it's FRIDAY!!!! Remember to tell someone you love them and savor the moments you have with them. Life is much to short to forget the important things.
Thanks for visiting. - Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I think the first card is great - both the stamp and the colors are great. I really like your Matt card, too. You are so creative.
God Bless you. My prayers are with you and your family.