Monday, August 18, 2008

MY COMPUTER CRASHED!!!!!!

We had a demonstrator's meeting in Galesburg on Saturday, the 16th - which means I had to leave the house by 7 a.m. to arrive on time. The meeting was great - with lots of new ideas, sample cards and presentations. Julia Jackson presented one of the demonstrations called "FROM TRASH TO TREASURE". You should see some of creations she made from literal "TRASH". ( Actually - if I knew where I put my picture files from the meeting you could see them - but I can't locate them!!!! )

Saturday evening I attended and was able to photograph my niece's baptism. Isn't she a sweetie in her baptismal gown??? This was one of my favorite pictures from the day. It all came together - color tones, expressions, shadows, etc. I love it!


Then, Saturday night, while working on the baptism photos, MY COMPUTER CRASHED!!!!!!! Now you know why there haven't been any posts to my blog. The RAM went out - so we traded chips from Tristan's computer to mine, making his useless for the time being - but parts are on order. Besides which, all our picture files are on this computer and for digital photographers, you just CAN'T be without your photo files!!!!


It was also a busy week creatively. I made newsletters for my sister who is a Medical Missionary in South Africa, designed and created the prototype for my niece's wedding program, and created 3 cards, a gift item and gift bag to demo at a workshop I am having this afternoon.


This is a photo of the gift bag. The tutorial can be found on the Inkingaddict blog. If you make one of these try it on scrap paper first - there are a couple of tricky spots! I used Old Olive Ribbon and the new BELLA ROSE Designer Paper from Stampin Up. The circles were cut using Nestabilities and my Sizzix machine.
The final image is a gift I created for my best friend, Cindy. (Hope you're not reading this before your workshop today!!!!) The frame was purchased at Big Lots. I again used the BELLA ROSE Designer Paper as well as Kiwi Kiss cardstock from SU's IN Color line. The stamp is also from Stampin'Up! and is called "Inspired byNature". I'm planning to have a class in November for anyone wanting to make the gift bag and gift. Leave a comment or send me an email if you are interested in attending the class. I'll put out the supply list and cost later.
Hope you all have had a good week and have had some time to create.
Jill

No comments: