Thursday, March 4, 2010

MY! HOW TIME FLIES!

I knew it had been a while since I posted anything new here - but I've been busy adjusting to life as a single woman - and after all these years, it's a HUGE adjustment! No, I have not divorced my darling hubby. He has just taken a 2nd shift position at a local hospital and since I work 1st shift our paths cross only when he crawls into bed around 12:30 a.m. and I get out at 5:30 a.m. I FEEL single. You would think since my evenings are TOTALLY free from distraction that I would get TONS of cards & other projects completed wouldn't you - but in reality, I feel unsettled most evenings and can't focus on anything. I think part of it is this LOOOOOOONG Winter we're having here in Central Illinois - I'm so ready for Spring!!!!!

So, all that said, yesterday was a bright, sunny day here and I felt energized for the first time since December! I completed a few drawings for a new digi-image set, I colored some cute PENNY BLACK images, participated in a few online color/sketch challenges and watched 5 episodes of NCIS while I was having fun!

This is a card I made to participate in a couple of the Splitcoaststampers challenges. The first one was the sketch challenge and the other was a color challenge.

All paper product and embellishment on this card is Stampin'Up! I used Basic Gray & Whisper White cardstock, Always Artichoke Brads and an image from a retired stamp set (sorry, but I've forgotten the name this morning). I stamped the image first on Whisper White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with COPIC markers. Then I stamped the image again on a square of SU! Designer paper in Chocolate Chip Ink and colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black ink directly onto the Crushed Curry Designer Paper making it look the same color as the Basic Gray Mats. Very quick and easy - but definitely as bright and cheerful as the day I made it.

Here are a couple of other cards I've made recently but didn't have time to post. The images are from my Jill's Jems Valentine 2010 set. Both images were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (available at Hobby Lobby) and were colored using Copic markers.






















The background for "Wanna Monkey Around" is the new DP from Stampin'Up! which is available in the Mini Occasions catalog. The backgroun for Draco the Dragon was created using a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I love this one with dragons, alligators, snakes etc. It looks so reptilian don't you think????

Thanks for stopping by today and being patient while I adjust to evenings alone. Make sure to stop back by tomorrow - I'm planning a FREEBIE FRIDAY surprise!!!!!

Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Louise said...

Jill, the yellow card is just lovely. Glad you are finding time to "play". Sorry about the change in home life, but you'll adjust, and maybe even "enjoy" it? ha.
I am busy making Easter cards in my spare time. I have a bunch of coloring done but not put together. I love NCIS also.

JustYolie said...

Glad you are back! Beautiful cards!