Friday, February 19, 2010

ROSES IN WINTER

I realize Valentine's Day is past - but I have been so busy with "life" that I didn't get a chance to post any of my Valentine cards. So, in addition to today's "ROSES IN WINTER", I'm posting a few of the Valentine cards I made for my nieces and nephews.

I made this card to give to a dear friend - but I can't say who it is because she reads this blog (or at least I THINK she does!) It's VERY simple in construction - just a few square layers - no fancy corners, not alot of bling - but I love it!

The image was colored with Copics - 4 shades of reds/pinks on the rose itself - 5 shades of green on the leaves - and about 5 colors on the small flowers. I chose to outline the image in B000 instead of my usual C1 or C3 because the image wouldn't be casting a shadow against blue sky but would actually pick up a little "ghosting" from the sky behind it.

INGREDIENTS:
Bravo Burgundy Cardstock
Pink Designer Paper
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
GinaK 80# Luxury White
Mini Half Pearls

Now for the Valentine cards - I made a BUNCH - but here are just a couple of them.



Of course the images are from
my Jill's Jems Digital Images -
Valentine 2010. My two personal favorites.

Colored with Copic Markers,

The background for Draco the Dragon is a Cuddlebug Embossing Folder which reminds me of reptile skin - so I thought it was a perfect choice for this image.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by and until next time -

Happy Stamping!
Jill

1 comment:

Louise said...

Your rose card is beautiful!!!!
Your coloring and the design is just gorgeous. I love the simple kind!