Sunday, October 10, 2010

THE DESIRE OF YOUR HEART

My project today was inspired by the work of one of my favorite bloggers, Jerri Jimenez. If you haven't checked out her work - it's worth the visit. Jerri is a true artist and her work is amazing! Though not quite up to her standard, I was quite happy with the results of my autumn offering.




I had this box on my stamp shelf. It was naked wood with a clear plastic top. Don't know where it came from or what was in it when I got it - but it's most recent use was to hold all my Stampin'Around Ink cartridges. I soaked a sponge in Close to Cocoa reinker and "stained" the wood and my fingertips. (NOTE TO SELF: WEAR GLOVES THE NEXT TIME!!!!!) I didn't wait for it to dry before decorating because I found the box after I made the flowers and leaves and besides, the tips of my fingers were already brown - but if you ever use reinker as wood stain you really should wait for it to dry.

The mums were created using Spellbinders Daisy Head dies and Stampin'Up! Real Rust and So Saffron cardstock edge sponged in More Mustard and Chocolate Chip respectively. I also edged the rust colored mums in Gold Krylon ink. The leaves are cut using Spellbinders Assorted Leaves dies from Stampin'Up! River Rock cardstock, lightly sponged in Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie ink, moistedned with hairspray (yes, you read right) and then lightly dusted with SU! Irridescent Ice.

The eight loop bow was created using the Bow Easy.

The background is a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock, embossed with a Stampin'Up! embossing folder then lightly sponged with Basic Black ink. The verse is stamped in Chocolate Chip onto a piece of Very Vanilla, edge sponged in Chocolate Chip then die cut using a Spellbinders Label die.

That's the scoop.
Thanks for visiting with me today.

Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping.

Jill

3 comments:

Gloria said...

What a gorgeous work of art!
I love the Fall colors and theme.

Louise said...

Jill, that's very pretty. Love the colors. Sounds like a lot of trouble for the flowers though, but that's just because I'm lazy!
Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Bennett said...

Wow Jill- you sure put that box to good use! It is just gorgeous!! Beautiful Fall colors and a great background. The Psalm you chose is perfect.
I have to wonder how long until all that ink came off your fingers? Thanks for the tip about the gloves! ;-)