Friday, October 1, 2010

FREEBIE FRIDAY - OCTOBER 1, 2010

Happy first day of the final quarter of 2010. Can you believe that???

I've been working, working, working in my studio - but I've been making cards with retired Stampin'Up! images and the cards were fairly basic so I haven't posted anything for a while. Today's card, however, uses the new Stampin'Up! set "Bells and Boughs". As soon as I saw this set in the Mini Catalog I new it was a "must have". The realistic detail is beautiful.

I wish you could see this card "in real life". It is beautiful. This photo doesn't do it justice.

To make this card, I started by folding a piece of 4.25" x 11"Whisper White cardstock in half. I used the largest circle from one of my Spellbinders sets and lightly traced around it on the center front of the card in pencil. Using the trailing poinsettia image from the stamp set, I stamped the image 4 times (using the pencil line as a guide) to create the rounded, wreath image. Then I used just the bottom tail of the stamp in each of the four corners of the card.

Next I stamped the center image on a seperate piece of Whisper White cardstock.

I colored both the card images and the seperate image using Stampin'Up! markers in Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Real Red, and So Saffron. After coloring, I cut out the poinsettia image and the middle of the wreath. I backed the opening of the wreath with vellum and backed the vellum with a piece of Real Red cardstock. The cutting took a little time, but in my opinion really adds to the elegance of the card. Not one I'd want to make for my complete Christmas card list though!

To finish I popped up the center image with Dimensionals, added the Blushing Bride ribbon and Stardust Stickles to the centers of the poinsettias.

I haven't done any drawings lately, but here's one that's been hanging around in my Jill's Jems digital files for a while. It's a freebie - so take it and use it as you will - just pleeeeeeeease don't sell it and please remember to link back here to my blog if you post it online.
Thanks so much for visiting.
Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

4 comments:

Louise said...

Jill, you've really outdone yourself with this one! Love everything about it. Beyond gorgeous....

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful...I just love your art work

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I really love what you've done with this stamp set here Jill!! I have fallen in love with the set!! :) Have a great weekend!! HUGS

Jerri Jimenez said...

Jill I saw this over at SCS and just had to come and comment. It's totally, totally gorgeous girl!