Sunday, November 14, 2010

CHRISTMAS IDEAS #1

I started my fall cleaning this weekend. I know I'm off to a late start but I've been busy. Besides which, I probably wouldn't have started it this weekend if I didn't have the excuse to start my Christmas decorating early! Spring and Fall cleaning are ALWAYS at the bottom of my priority list. However, I had a Stampin'Up! Christmas Show last weekend and didn't want to put away the Christmas decorations just to get them out again a couple of weeks later - so I am putting decorations up throughout the house as I get each room cleaned.

The first room I cleaned and started to decorate was the front porch. I have a couple of white, french style chairs, an antique hoosier cabinet and an anitque table on my front porch which gives me ample surfaces for setting things. On one of the chairs is a small sled decorated with a rusty metal wreath of stars, greens and ribbon. On the other is my mother's antique Jewel Tea Autumn Leaves bowl filled with glittery and decorated ornaments.


You can't see them in this particular photo, but several were decorated using the Candy Cane Rubons from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Total cost (not including the bowl) approximately $5 (I still have most of the rubon designs to use on other things.)

Setting in the middle of the hoosier cabinet is a pint-sized "apple" basket filled with greens, pinecones and berries.


I purchased the basket unpainted at a local orchard for $3 and the greens from the local dollar store. I painted the basket green (which matches Always Artichoke very nicely) then painted the horizontal bands white. Once dry, I then stamped the bands in Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Chocolate Chip using stamps from Season of Joy and Lovely as a Tree stamp sets.

I tied a bow to the handle using a length of Stampin'Up! ribbon and let the ends drape loosely into the arrangement. Total cost for the arrangement (including the paint) $8.
There will be more Christmas additions to the front porch later - some candles and a wreath on the door - but for now this has gotten me off to a good start.
Thanks for visiting today and until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

No comments: