Friday, November 19, 2010

CHRISTMAS IDEAS #3 - RECIPE BOOK

Isn't this little apron adorable???



The idea is not an original - I saw it online somewhere - and then after creating this, I saw that there is a card made in this shape in the Stampin'Up! catalog.
I had never noticed it before because the colors weren't vivid and eye-catching. I don't think the same can be said about this one.

At this point, my sample is a card. However, I have plans to add pages to create a CHRISTMAS CANDY/COOKIE RECIPE BOOK. Each page will have a pocket that will hold a recipe card for some delightful Christmas Treat.

I used Real Red cardstock and Candy Cane DSP from the Stampin'Up! holiday mini catalog. The Gingerbread image is from the SU! set "GOT MILK". I used the scalloped lace border punch to create the eyelet lace border on the pocket. The Gingerbread tag pulls up to read "Gingerbread & sugared things, enjoy the sweets the season brings" and is from the SU! set SWEET SEASON - the perfect greeting to introduce an apron recipe book.

Until next time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

1 comment:

SuZi Davis said...

I found this on Pinterest and had to make one. If you are interested in seeing my version it is pinned on my board Made and/or Mastered. Thanks so much for the inspiration.