Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BRRRRR! BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

It's been snowing here in Illinois for the past 18 hours - mostly lightly - but long enough to have accumulated about 5" of the white stuff. I don't mind really - other than when I have to be out in traffic - otherwise, I love the stuff. I like it falling from the sky and freshly falling in the yards and the on the branches of the huge pine trees in the neighborhood park. It's actually very pretty. The snow that is. Unfortunately, here in the Midwest, we can't just get the pretty snow without the frigid temps - 11 degrees is the high they are prediciting for this weekend. Which isn't bad if you're a polar bear!!!!!!

Which brings me to my card for today and it's appropriate theme - POLAR BEARS!
(My main computer has died the death and I'm using a VERY old laptop with a VERY old monitor - so if the colors look different than described - please "bear" with me!)


The image is from a retired Stampin'Up! Tis the Season stamp set - and I think it's waaaaay too cute to retire from use! I used Copics (of course) to color it then cut it out with a Nestabilities Label Two Die. I pierced holes around the edges using the SU! Mat pack and a piercing tool and chose an orange glittery DP that a friend gave me as the "frame". I know - ORANGE!!! but doesn't it POP against the Marina Mist cardbase? I think this color combo is a new favorite!

I embossed the cardbase with two Cuttlebug embossing folders SNOW DOTS and SWISS DOTS and placed the image centered vertically and toward the top of the card.

The silver medallion is from a cheap piece of costume jewelry I found at a garage sale some time ago. I colored a small portion of it with an Orange Copic Marker then added a snowflake button to the center. Of course to make it lay flat, I had to cut off the little thingy on the back with my Stampin'Up! Rubber/Craft Scissors - they are the BEST! btw - what do you call that little thing on the back of a button?

To finish it I added the little orange bow. Now all I have to do is figure out a greeting for the inside. Any suggestions? I came up with "thanks for your help" but am open to suggestions.

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today - and until next time -

Enjoy doing whatever it is you're doing!
Jill

No comments: