Wednesday, February 16, 2011

FEELING BLUE

I look at this card and wonder to myself, "WHO MADE THIS????" It is so not me - hearts AFTER Valentine's day? That NEVER happens and mostly blue? Rarely. But the fact is, I DID make this card AND I like it!


Unlike most my cards, this one didn't start with the image. It began with the ribbon.

I was learning a new "no-tie bow" technique which called for the use of a wide ribbon and this happened to be the only wide ribbon I had in my stash. After I finished the bow, it didn't really work with any images I have - there was just too much formal pattern on the ribbon - so I thought I might be able to use it if I kept the card image free.

I cut out the Spellbinders LATTICE die from WHISPER WHITE cardstock and placed it in the center of a BALLET BLUE (retired) cardbase. Next I stamped the medallion image in Ballet Blue ink, cut it out and used dimensionals to pop it up in the center of the lattice cut-out. Then the bow was glued down with Elmer's Glue All to hold it securely.

Okay so far - but now what? Not a circle because once I made the bow, it came out with circles in the pattern - and not a square shape (much too plain) - so hearts it is. I stamped the Punch Potpourri heart in Ballet Blue ink and punched it out with the coordinating punch from Stampin'Up! Then stamped it again on another piece of cardstock and cut around the outline so that it was larger than the stamped image. I sponged the edges of the back and used that as a mat for the stamped heart. These were joined together with a DIMENSIONAL, then added to the center of the bow.

To finish, I punched corners using corner dies from Cuttlebug.

So, are you feeling a little "blue" now?

Enjoy your day -
and until next time,
Happy Stamping.

Jill

1 comment:

Louise said...

Jill, that card is very nice!

Love the blue and white and the ribbon. Good job!