Thursday, October 16, 2008

DOOR PRIZE DRAWING

Thought I'd give you all a peek at the door prize drawing for the Christmas Craft & Pizza Party on December 6th. I saw one of these recently at a scrapbook store. It was decorated for Halloween and was so cute I thought I'd give it a go. I was thinking about using this as the "surprise" Christmas Craft for everyone to make - but it is too time consuming for an afternoon project - so it became the door prize drawing instead.


The basket/bag/container is an unfinished wood kit by BEYOND THE PAGE that I covered inside and out with a two-sided Designer Paper by Terri Conrad Designs. The bird is a premade chipboard piece - by ??? (Unfortunately I removed the label before reading the manufacturers information - sorry!) I cut out the large butterfly from one of the pieces of Designer Paper and popped it up on the knot of the ribbon and added pearls and paper flowers to the bird to finish. I can just see a set of BathBeads and Oils surrounded by raffia sticking out the opening can't you? Hmmmm - maybe I'll have to think about adding those before the party!

Oh! Looking at the photo I just realized I took the photo BEFORE I finished the project. The edges of the wood are now stained with Chocolate Chip ink - guess I got in too big a hurry to show you the project.

If you haven't signed up for the event and would like to, leave a comment here on the blog or email me privately for all the details.

Have a great day and don't forget to play a little.

Jill

No comments: