Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ALTERED ALCOHOL INK

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my new stamp sets (2 sale-a-bration sets) and catalogs. Stampin'Up tells me to expect delivery tomorrow - YAY!!!!! - so those of you coming to the techniques class on Monday will be the first to see the new products. I'm very excited about some of the sneak peeks I've seen - especially the new texture plates for use in the BigShot. I can't wait!!!!

In the meantime, I have been playing with some different techniques and ideas for Monday evenings class and decided to use the Altered Alcohol technique in just a bit of a different manner than I've seen most people do. Instead of using it as a background, I used it as the coloring for my main image - in this case punched hearts from glossy cardstock.

One of my class participants has an aversion to the color red - apparently she can literally become sick to her stomach if she stares at it for too long - but this is a valentine and I just couldn't steer clear of that color. I did try to to underplay it by making the vast majority of the card black & white. The sentiment is from Holidays & Wishes from Stampin'Up as is the ribbon. The little red gemstones were purchased at the local craft store.

Hope you enjoyed your visit today.

Back again tomorrow with technique number three.

Jill

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love this technique - it's so fun to do and turns out differently every time. I love your layout and the piercing around the hearts - very sweet! Your class will love this!!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I have never tried this technique!
I do not even own any Alcohol ink!
I am anxious to learn this at class!

Rose Ann said...

This is a most gorgeous Valentine!!