Saturday, January 17, 2009

VALENTINE CARD SWAP

It's red - I know. Sorry Sarah! but I just can't bring myself to use non-traditional colors for a valentine. I tried recently with the clown card - and well - let's just say I wasn't happy with the result (even though I posted it.)

My Stampin'Up upline and her downline are having our quarterly meeting on the 31st and it is our tradition to have a card swap using the newest products available to us at the time. This is the first time I've had a chance to participate in the 2 years I've been a demonstrator and this is the card I made.

It uses a new stamp set called "Polka Dot Punches" from the upcoming Sale-a-bration promotion as well as the floral stamp from Boho Backgrounds, the small heart from Small Sayings, and a sentiment from Holiday & Wishes. Stampin' Up is also releasing texture plates for use with the BigShot - and though I can't order them until the 19th I recreated the look of one by using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. There is a slight difference in that the new SU! product will emboss clear to the edges of a 4.25x5.5 card whereas the Cuttlebug folders always leave a scant 1/8" bare along the edges.Hopefully no one will notice the difference at the swap. Cardstock is Whisper White, Basic Black and Pink Pirouette. Ink colors are Riding Hood Red and Stazon Jet Black. The black gingham ribbon is also from Stampin'Up!

And now that I am looking closely at the photo - I realized I forgot to sponge color around the edge of the heart on this one. It helps it pop away from the back-ground. Guess I'll be popping off a few hearts. Fortunately I only have 7 out of 25 cards finished so it won't take much time to fix that mistake!

Thanks for visiting today. I'll be working on some other Valentine projects in the next couple of weeks so check back often and see what I've learned.

Jill

No comments: