Saturday, January 24, 2009

HOW MANY FINGERS ARE YOU???

I found the sweetest little birthdady stamp at Hobby Lobby this week and of course I HAD to have it. But that's okay - it was 50% off so I got a deal! It is written in KidPrint and says "Happy Birthday. How many fingers are you?" Immediately I envisioned a card with hand prints on the front and found another stamp that had baby hands. I picked it up and carried it around the store with me but it was so "baby" and the card I wanted to make was for my 10 year old nephew. Then I came to the aisle with the little wooden cut-outs. One of them was this little hand - much better than the little baby's hand stamp.

My first thought was I would paint the wooden cut-out in bright colors in a kind of psychedelic pattern. My nephew would like that. But then decided to use the hand as a pattern so I could use it again and again. I used Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Brilliant Blue Cardstock then added a wonderful geometric print Designer Paper and felt star button tied with twine that I found at the local scrapbook store. To help the hand stand-out from the background I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder with a circle pattern to emboss the Certainly Celery Cardstock then added faux stitching with a white gel pen around the egde of the hand cut-out. The inside is stamped with the stamp from Hobby Lobby.

I loved the way this turned out - and I hope you enjoyed seeing it. Have a great day today and check back tomorrow for a Valentine gift idea for the guitar players in your life.


Jill

No comments: