Monday, May 18, 2009

GENTLE THOUGHTS AND ROSES

Good Monday morning to all of you. I have a quick post today then I'm off to play with my sister before she returns to her home in South Africa.

I finally had a chance to play with the stamps from the FIFTH AVENUE FLORAL set from Stampin'Up! and I LOVE this set. It stamps so cleanly and is wonderful to color - and most of you know that images that can be colored are my favorites.

For this card I used the rose from the set and the leaves from the SU! hostess set: GOD'S BEAUTY. The leaves were colored with markers in shades of Always Artichoke, Old Olive and Sage Shadow - then lightly sponged with Handsome Hunter. The background DP is from this year's Sale-a-bration papers: Delicate Dots. I sponged So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard and Old Olive on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then stamped the sentiment from a retired Stampin'Up! set called GARDEN COLLAGE in Old Olive. The flourish, also stamped in Old Olive, is from the SU! set: PRICELESS. A piece of Mellow Moss cardstock serves as a mat for the greeting. The ribbon is also a retired SU! item: Organdy Ribbon in Handsome Hunter.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day. Don't forget in all the hustle and bustle to take time each day to play.

Until tomorrow -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

1 comment:

Becky said...

Jill this is just beautiful. I love this rose.
I have another award for you at my blog. "Your blog makes me smile" if you would like it come by and pick it up, if not I will understand :),