Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HIDDEN MESSAGES

The world is full of hidden messages. Advertisers call them "subliminal". Our friends call them "jokes". In strangers we often pick up on "innuendo". But whatever they are called, we're surrounded by hidden messages. (Except at Weight Watchers meetings where you can't hide ANYTHING!)

Today I have a hidden message to share with you in the form of a "HINGE CARD". Right away let me apologize for the poor quality of the photos. You'd never guess I get paid for my photographs would you? :) In my defense I will tell you I let the camera auto-focus because I didn't have my contacts in and apparently it focused on the WRONG thing! LOL!!! I don't have an excuse for the color though. It is not "Apricot" cardstock in the bottom photo. It is "Barely Banana".

There is a challenge for this technique on Splitcoast Stampers this week and supposedly a wonderful tutorial for this technique by Wendy Weixler at Wickedly Wonderful Creations. So rather than give you the blow by blow details on how to cut and create this card, just click on the link above for the tutorial if you'd care to try your hand at it.

I formed my "hinge" using a large, flat brad from the Stampin'Up! Hodge Podge Hardware set then covered it with a small K&Company flower. The designer paper is also from Stampin'Up!. The top panel is embossed using the Cuttlebug Textiles Embossing Folder. The border was created using the Martha Stewart Scalloped Border punch on Brocade Blue cardstock and a Cuttlebug embossed strip of Barely Banana cardstock. 2 additional K&Company flowers were added to coordinate with the hinge to keep it from looking out of place.

The sentiment, which is from Stampin'Up! God's Blessings, is stamped in Brocade Blue ink on Barely Banana cardstock.

I thought this was a fun, cute technique to try. Wonder how long it will take the recipient to figure out how to find the hidden message!

Have a wonderful day today. Remember to take care of all of yourself - mind, body, emotions and spirit.

Until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

1 comment:

Becky said...

How cute is this??? :) This is such a cool idea, I must try this..