Saturday, May 2, 2009

I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU...

If you want to by-pass the details of my life this week, the card and specs are at the bottom of this post. Just scroll down.

Do you know the scripture from Jeremiah 29:11 where the Lord declares "I know the plans I have for you..."? God may know what plans He has for me - but I'm hoping they're not EXACTLY like the plans He had for JOB - at least not the pain/trials & suffering part.

I haven't stamped or posted much lately - because LIFE has been taking all my attention. It started with hubby's van needing $600 worth of repairs. Then a storm blew in and tore fascia and shingles from our house. Then the engine went out on our 2 year old van (it was used when we bought it) and was going to cost $4,000 to fix so we decided to trade up instead to a 2006. There was a little beauty on the lot - had a few little pings & dents but drove like a dream. Quiet engine, new tires, clean, smoke free interior, smooth shifting transmission etc. The fact that it had no warranty concerned me but since hubby is laid off and this wasn't the best time to have to trade-in we took the chance and did not buy the extended warranty - it was $1,000 for only 12,000 miles. A week off the lot and the transmission went out. THIS IS THE REASON I DO NOT GAMBLE. Have you ever heard of paying for a DEAD HORSE????

But it's only money right??? I mean it's not like the brakes failed while I was driving down the big hill from my house. No one died - just the car. So, in that frame of mind, I sat down to stamp. This is NOT the card I made. It is still in progress because I don't like it yet - but eventually I came to create THIS card for my "niece to be's" bridal shower.
THIS card I DO like. It is very "CLEAN AND SIMPLE" (CAS).

The image was printed 3 times from my computer on a single sheet of 4x6 90# watercolor paper. I prefer 140# w/c paper if I actually going to use water or mineral spirits, but it is thicker and doesn't feed as well through my printer. I cut one image from the w/c paper into a rectangle then rounded the corners. Next, all three images were colored with Stampin'Up! markers and then the flower portion and one leaf were cut out from the remaining images. The petals on the top two layers were curled before being popped up on the original image with dimensionals. Once all the layers were in place I punched a small hole in the center then added this glittery, jeweled brad I purchased at Michaels.

The sentiment was computer generated and printed on Stampin'Up!Green Galore cardstock which was then cut to size, trimmed with a corner rounder and adhered to a piece of Stampin'Up!Pumpkin Pie Designer Paper. The dotted background was created using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and Stampin'Up! Whisper White cardstock.
Whew!!!! What a loooooong post! Hope you liked the card -and until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

6 comments:

Candy said...

Sorry to hear about your "unfortunate" luck. Been there, done that. Seems like if you don't have bad luck you have no luck at all. I knew you hadn't posted for awhile. Hope things start looking up. Keep your chin up. Candy

Deb said...

Lovely card. Love the clean and simple look of it. Sorry to hear about all your misfortunes. Fortunately for those of us who put our hope in the Lord, we can trust Him to be faithful and know He is in control even when we don't always understand. Hold on to His promises.

Susan Raihala said...

I prefer to think that bad things happen because worse things could have happened, LOL! So if you have to spend money repairing a car, it could almost always be worse.

Your card is gorgeous...such detailed cutting!

Gloria said...

I love the CAS look! You capture detail in the flower and POP a CAS card like no other!!
BEAUTIFUL WORK!
Enjoy the warmth of the SUN today!

shirley henry said...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! They seem to happen in 3`s. Things can only get better now!
Just love your card!

Becky said...

Trials come that our faith my grow, trials are like rain, with out it there is no harvest. That is why James say's in James 1:2, count it all joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, know that the trying of your faith develops perseverance and perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature not lacking anything. God bless you and keep you.
And what a lovely card, the flower is just gorgeous. :)