Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LEMONS, LEMONS & MORE LEMONS

Since the beginning of May it seems as if my life has revolved around lemons. It began with my niece-to-be's wedding shower. I posted a picture of the shower table decorations where we used lemons and limes in large hurricanes for centerpieces. I thought they were so fresh and appealing. Remember this photo?

Then a couple of weeks ago we bought a 2006 FORD FREESTAR. One week later the transmission went out. My first thought was: LEMON. Fortunately the dealership put a used transmission (only 40,000 miles) in it at no charge to us. I picked it up yesterday morning. Drove it to work and it drove like a dream. YAY!!!!

Guess where my van is now? In the shop of course. When I left work yesterday to come home - NO TRANSMISSION!!!! Can you even believe this??? Can YOU say LEMON????

So, what's a stamping girl to do when life gives her lemons? That's right - go shopping and buy more stamps!!!! LOL! I remembered seeing this House Mouse stamp at my local craft store and it was so completely perfect for the way I've been feeling lately, I had to have it. So off I went in my "loaner" van to make my purchase.

Details:
Stamp:House Mouse
The yellow polka-dot paper is from Hobby Lobby. I added Only Orange dots around the white polka dots and Old Olive dots to the centers of the polka dots as well as around the white mat. The green and orange designer papers are from Stampin'Up! I used Prisma pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS) to color the image. Crystal Effects was added to make the glass appear "glassy" and once dry I cut out the image and poppep it up on dimensionals. The flower is 2 seperate pieces held together with a glittery green brad and held in place on a piece of yellow polka dot ribbon with a large glue dot.

I haven't added a greeting to the inside yet - I thought about the traditional "when life gives you lemons" saying but then also thought I could start it out that way and end it with "Pucker Up!" Any ideas out there???

Thanks for "listening" and being my sounding board today.

Until tomorrow -
Happy Stamping.
Jill

5 comments:

Carol Parcell said...

I love this card. Such a wonderful bg for this cute stamp!

~MudpieMouse said...

Wow, great card! I love the flower embellie you used ... it matches the flower in the image perfectly. Plus, I look pretty cute in this image, if I do say so myself hee, hee ;0)

Keep on stampin' on!

Get Your Stamp On said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! You are so talented... Thank You for sharing.

Gloria said...

WOW! Only you could pull something GOOD and CUTE out of all the LEMONS! Maybe the dealership can at least give you a new paint job on the van before they give it back and make it Yo Yo Yellow!
Can this month get any worse with suprises and your van?
The card and stamp are perfect!

Becky said...

I love this card, looks so awesome with my favorite guy. Sorry to hear about your van.