Friday, July 17, 2009

LATTICE WORK AND FLOWERS

STAMPIN'UP! DEAL OF THE WEEK

Square Fire Rhinestone Brads
109112
Regular Price: $12.17
Preferred Price: $10.95

Brads are a fun addition to any project, (as you can see by the card below) and these Rhinestone brads add extra fun and sparkle. Rhinestone brads coordinate with Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive colors, so there's no need to guess about what colors to use your brads with.

■ Square brads: Approximately 80 per package (4 colors in 2 sizes)
■ Fire assortment (Pink, Red, Pumpkin, and Yellow) coordinates with Stampin’ Up!'s exclusive colors


Now, on to the card!!!! I'm so excited about these new Spellbinders Pendants. I brought home my first one last night and couldn't go to bed until I experimented just a little. I love these things. They are so - VICTORIAN?.


The one I used on this card is the LATTICE PENDANT (I have others coming in next week!). The cutwork reminds me of cards by Jerri Kay Jimenez - only Spellbinders has taken the work out of it. Jerri cuts hers by hand!!!! The Lattice set comes with 4 dies. The large square, the middle insert piece, a small square and a corner die. Very versatile and very elegant. The large square not only produces such nice cut-work detail but has lovely embossing patterns as well. However, you can't see the embossing because the photo is AWFUL!!! My apologies - I bought a new little point and shoot digital and am NOT loving it. But that's what happens when you try to go cheap - I'll be back to using my DSLR soon I think - I just thought this would be easier for taking shots of cards and quick snapshots.

I layered the pendant and the center piece popping both layers up on dimensionals against a piece of this year's SU! Sale-a-bration Designer Paper then placed these against a backdrop of Elegant Eggplant (or Eggplant Envy. I can never remember which one is current! The purple/blue flowers are from Making Memories as are the gemstones on the corners. The center brad is from Stampin'Up! The lattice border is from the Martha Stewart line and the corner punch is one I purchased from Hobby Lobby. (Sorry but I can't remember the maker.)

It's not a very difficult card to put together - but I do have A TIP: I have had a few comments from people who have tried to use the pendants that they are having difficulty removing the paper from the die without tearing it due to the detail. I use the metal tip (not the lead) of a fine-point pencil to gently push the paper out from the non-cutting side. Once I've loosened it with the pencil tip then I am able to gently remove it from the die without tearing.

Thanks for visiting today.
Until next time -
Have an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE, (thanks Lynn Mercurio!)
be happy,
and
Happy Stamping!!!!
Jill

2 comments:

Louise said...

That's beautiful! Love the colors and the die.

Becky said...

Love this.. and the colors are awesome