Thursday, January 28, 2010

CHILDREN AT PLAY

I made this card to participate in two challenges taking place this week. One is on SPLITCOASTSTAMPERS and is the WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE #255. In this challenge we were to use some type of textile on our project. I chose red fabric with tiny white polka dots and creamy colored muslin. The second challenge is the MOJO MONDAY BLOG SKETCH CHALLENGE #123.

I began by stamping the WORD BY WORD background stamp from STAMPIN'UP! onto the muslin fabric using MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK INK then trimmed and mounted it onto BASIC BLACK cardstock. Next I stamped the little girls at play image from GREAT IMPRESSIONS stamp company onto a piece of GINAK LUXURY WHITE cardstock using the same ink, then added little red flowers with a STAMPIN WRITE marker from SU! This image was mounted on mats of REAL RED and BASIC BLACK cardstock the glued to the fabric using SNAIL ADHESIVE.

The background is REAL RED cardstock that was stamped with an image from the new STAMPINUP! set - VINTAGE VOGUE.

My favorite part of the card is the RUFFLED, LAYERED FLOWER. I was going to give step by step instructions on making the flower but found this great video by Dawn McVey. So really, why reinvent the wheel when someone else has already done it and done it well. (NOTE: mine looks different because I added a couple more layers and used heavier paper.)

Thanks for stopping by today - and until next time -

Happy Stamping!

Jill

1 comment:

KellyS said...

Love the flower detail, Jill.
Had to check out your blog after seeing your home location on SCS. I'm originally from Lacon. My SU rep is from Peoria. Small world.