Saturday, January 9, 2010

NON-TRADITIONAL VALENTINE

The card I'm sharing today didn't start out to be a Valentine card. It really didn't even start out to be a card at all - I was just in the mood to color and since I had to back-up 2 years worth of photos to disks today I decided to color while waiting for the photos to burn to the disks. I rummaged through containers of my loose stamps and came across this one. (And it is NOT crooked. I just layed the card on a piece of the background paper to take the photo and didn't straighten it before taking the photo. The cardbase is the rim of chocolate chip cardstock.)

I love the House Mouse stamps and the bunnies are just as cute. I colored this adorable image with my Copic markers then used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut it and the chocolate chip border. I then sponged around the edge of the Whisper White circle in Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Rust, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard. The background paper is from a paper pack of Old World Style papers I purchased from a local store.

I saw this ribbon treatment on a card a while back on the internet and liked it so much I wanted to use it with this layout. The button is adhered with a dollop of crystal effects.

It's not exactly a traditional valentine - but for those of you out there who don't like red, this might stimulate your creative energy.

Thanks for visiting-
Until Next Time
Jill

13 comments:

Gloria said...

I love the House Mouse and the colors you used!

Louise said...

Love the card and the stamp.
Sweet. Good job!

Becky said...

This is so sweet.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is the sweetest image!! I just love the rich hues of brown, your layout and the sponging and coloring you did. Awesome take on the ODBD challenge. Thanks for playing along!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is so rich and gorgeous!!! Your image is totally adorable and colored beautifully, but my fave is the sponging....yummy!!! Thanks so much for playing in the ODBD challenge! God Bless!

Grace said...

How very sweet this is! I love HM and you've colored this one so well! I love it! Thanks for playing along with the ODBD challenge!!!

Patter Cross said...

Such a sweet card! Love the colors. Just adorable!

Debi said...

adorable!

Kathy Jones said...

This is simply adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD! :)

Connie M. said...

Oh my!! This is just too adorable!! Love your wonderful coloring and sponging!! Thanks for playing this months challenge at ODBD!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh how sweet this is! I love that image! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How sweet! Love the cute image.

ChristineCreations said...

All the warm shades of brown are so sweet! Such a pretty card!