Sunday, February 7, 2010

ELEGANT ANNIVERSARY & CREATIVE SPACES

Yesterday was my 28th wedding anniversary and it was a wonderful day. I was invited to my best friend's house to "play" all day and then invited, along with my DH, to stay for dinner as well. The entire meal was a melt-in your mouth taste sensation - prime rib, green beans with roasted almonds, and honey-buttered potatoes. My favorite though was the potatoes. So much so that they are on our menu tonight!


Prior to dinner Cindy and I spent the day in her craft room (see photos below) and I actually managed to create 6 cards during the early afternoon and after dinner. I will be posting these cards throughout this week. Today's card is the first one I made yesterday though. My hubby's anniversary card. I love how elegant it looks.





The cardbase is CHOCOLATE CHIP. The image is a retired image from STAMPIN'UP! called TRUE LOVE. I stamped in Versamark then heat embossed in gold. I chose this particular image because the flourishes around the heart and flowers reminded me of the flourishes on this gorgeous paper by THE PAPER STUDIO. The paper and the ribbon are available at Hobby Lobby. I left one end of the ribbon loose and cut a "v" making two pointed ends then rolled the ends and attached it to the card with a gold brad. It's a little difficult to see in the photo but it really adds to the effect IRL.


A very simple, but extremely elegant card and one that can be completed in under 5 minutes! It's amazing what a little DESIGNER PAPER can do!!!!


Here are the photos of the wonderful creative space I was priveleged to get to use yesterday. I couldn't get it all in one photo but hope you can see the "L" created by the 3 different works stations.





Thanks for visiting -
and until next time -
Happy Stamping!


Jill

1 comment:

Louise said...

What a lovely card. So glad you had a good day "playing". The photo's of the hobby room are very nice! My room hasn't been clean enough to photograph for months! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the cards.