Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SCRAP CARD

Okay - raise your hand if you're tired of Winter yet? Another Winter storm moved through our area last night with more on the way this afternoon - and while I really don't like to be out on the roads when it's icy and snowy, I sure do enjoy looking at the beautiful scenes the ice and snow produce. Like the one shown below. This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago a day or so after an ice/snow storm. I don't know why there were still leaves on some of the trees/bushes but the rusts and reds against the evergreen and blanket of white made for a very pretty picture.

I mentioned yesterday that I needed to make several sympathy cards this week and this is another of those. This is the one I am sending to the husband of the deceased and it is made almost entirely of scraps that were laying on the desktop from other cards & projects.

I used scraps of DP from K&Company as well as pieces of cardstock in Sage Shadow, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla from Stampin'Up! The rectangular pieces were pierced around the top,bottom and left edges and all the scraps were sponged using Chocolate Chip ink and the sentiment was stamped in the same color. This is the first time I've used brads following a circular pattern and I definitely like the effect. I really wanted to dress this up a little more but then decided that it was just right for a man. No frills - no ribbons.

I'm on my way to the kitchen here at work. My freezing fingers and shivering body are calling out for something besides sweet tea. Hmmmm - maybe HOT CHOCOLATE. Perfect for this cold, winter's day.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and enjoy the rest of your day.

Jill

No comments: