Friday, February 12, 2010

ODDS ARE, THE BUTTERFLIES HAVE IT

Today's post was made in response to a Splitcoaststampers challenge called WAYS TO USE IT. Sometimes the challenges are very limiting - this time however the only rule was that you had to use ODD numbers of items on your project.


I had just purchased this new stamp from NORTHWOODS RUBBER STAMPS yesterday and thought it would be perfect since it has 3 flowers in it. I stamped it 3 times on GINA K LUXURY WHITE cardstock using MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK ink then colored one image completely, 2 butterflies from the second image, and one butterfly from the 3rd image using COPIC markers.


The next step was to cutout the butterflies from the 2nd and 3rd images and to apply WATERFALL STICKLES over the entire images. While these were drying, I cut my cardstock, mats and ribbons. I have an irregular sized envelope so I cut my cardbase 5.5" square, then placed the matted, main image so that it sticks out from the top making my finished card 6.25" x 5.5". Once the card was constructed I added WATERFALL STICKLES and STARDUST STICKLES to the main image as well as NUT BROWN FLOWERSOFT to the flower centers.


Once everything was dry, embellishments were added in ODD numbers to fit the challenge: 3 brads along the side, 5 brads in the ecru lace ribbon, 3 colors paper, 3 "ribbons" -although one of the "ribbons" was created using the MARTHA STEWART LATTICE punch.


For those of you who LOVE glitz and glimmer this card should be right up your alley. The photo doesn't do the card justice because the light was so bright that the glitter appears harsh. In reality, it is a soft, subtle shimmer. Quite beautiful in real life.


That's it for me today - I'm off to create some Valentines. Nothing like waiting to the last minute is there?????


Have a great day
and Happy Stamping!


Jill

3 comments:

Louise said...

Love the colors and the layout! I'm sure the "real life" card is quite stunning, as it's very nice in the photo and we all know that photos don't do justice to the colors and glitter. Good job. Flowers and butterflies are favorite subjects of mine!

Gloria said...

What a stunning card! Love the colors.

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! love your shimmery butterflies and that wonderful lace!