Saturday, April 24, 2010

HEAVENLY PATTERNS

This is another card I created while playing along in one of the Splitcoaststampers daily challenges. This one is for the "WAYS TO USE IT" challenge which was to use 2 or more differently patterned papers on the same card. I didn't find this challenging at all because I love to use patterned papers on cards in monochromatic/harmonizing colors.


These papers are from K&Company's "CLASSIC K BAILEY" paper pack. The cardstock is Stampin'Up! GROOVY GUAVA and the sentiment is from on of their retired sets: HEAVEN SCENT. I sponged the edge of the sentiment in SU!CREAMY CARAMEL to make it blend in with the patterned papers. It may be difficult to see in the photo, but the papers are slightly aged with brown distressing.

In regard to retired product, I keep my retired SU! stamps and papers. I know some demonstrators sell theirs out when the product retires - but if I like it I keep it and use it. Believe it or not there are many people who don't like to stamp (I know, I find that hard to believe too, but it's true). When they receive a card from me made with retired product, they aren't going to ask where they can get that paper, embellishment or stamp. Besides which, now that SU! is bringing back some of the retired In-colors - I'm ahead of the game and won't have to re-purchase them! See -being a hoarder CAN payoff regardless of what some new t.v. shows might have you believe. LOL!!!

The glittered floral cut-out is a piece I've had in my "miscellaneous" drawer for a while. The miscellaneous drawer is where I throw all the bits and pieces I prepared for another project and for whatever reason decided it didn't work with the project but was to good to throw away. This glitzy little flower was perfect with these papers and design.

The other embellishments on the card are the lace ribbon, guava pearls and silk flowers. Both the pearls and the red-orange silk flowers were colored with COPIC markers to match the papers and cardstock. Gotta LOVE those markers!!!!

TIP: Don't spend tons of money on different colors of brads, jemstones, flowers, pearls, etc. Buy them in white, use COPICS, and color them to match your papers.

Hope you like the card today. It's a little different design than I normally do - but I really like the result. In fact, there is not one thing about it I don't like and THAT makes me happy indeed.

Have a great day today doing whatever you are doing.

Until next time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

2 comments:

Kay M said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper, the design and accents. I can see why you are happy with it!!

merniebug said...

Gorgeous. I love red and this one is as beautiful as it is eye-catching.