Sunday, April 25, 2010

WEDDING INVITATION & PROGRAM

A friend of my son's called me the other day and asked if I could make a sample wedding invitation and program for a class project. I was honored that she thought enough of my work to think of me and immediately began envisioning a formal, all-white invitation. Probably a few layers of embossing with pearls & possibly using one of the SPELLBINDER medallion dies. How fun this would be!!!

Then came the bad news: her colors are red, black, silver & white. Hmmmm. Now to rethink the plan.

Okay - I could still start with an all white cardbase and just lightly accent it with red & black- but what about the silver. It would be too light for the print - BUT - it would be beautiful as an accent on black.

I started with the invitation. I cut my white card base, a piece of black cardstock 1/4" smaller, and another piece of white cardstock 1/4" smaller than the black. Then embossed the white piece using the SU! embossing folder: PETALS A PLENTY.

I stamped a sentiment from SU! HEAVEN SCENT in VERSAMARK onto a piece of black cardstock, heat embossed it in silver then cut it out using the BIGSHOT and a SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES. I matted the cutout with a larger cutout of the same shape in red and popped the piece up on the front of the card using DIMENSIONALS. I then finished the outside with a length of white organdy ribbon and bow.
The inside of the invitation was computer generated and printed onto a piece of white cardstock. This was then matted on a piece of black cardstock. I left an inch of black cardstock exposed on the right side of the matted piece. Here I stamped a scrolled image from SU! GENTLER TIMES in Versamark and heat embossed it in Silver.
The program was created to match the invitation. The only variations were the size and the placement of the embossed design on the inside. Because there was print on both sides of the inside of the invitation, I placed the scrolled design at the bottom of each panel instead of on the right side. It just seemed more balanced that way.
The "bride" was thrilled with the results. She is sure she will ace her project now and even told me I should make a career of this! LOL!

Thanks for visiting -
Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

No comments: