Friday, April 23, 2010

SAGE & APRICOT GARDEN

I created this card in response to 2 weekly challenges on Splitcoaststampers. One was a sketch layout. The other was a color challenge using SU! APRICOT APPEAL, SAGE SHADOW, & BASIC GRAY. I love APRICOT APPEAL and SAGE SHADOW and was very sad to learn that they are being retired with the release of the new Stampin'Up! catalog in July. I also love how this designer paper from K&COMPANY is a perfect match for the SAGE SHADOW and that it has hints of APRICOT APPEAL in the lighter colored roses.

The image is from STAMPIN'UP! and is from the set "GARDEN FROM THE HEART". I liked the set the first time I saw it but really didn't know if I would use it much. I think I have answered that question. I really like how it worked with the "rose garden" background. I colored the hat ribbon with SU! Apricot Appeal marker so that the highlights matched the matting, then added shading with COPIC markers. The rest of the image was colored with COPICS. Once I added the shading to the ribbon, the orange jemstones were the right color to add to the card.

The lace is some I've had laying around in a drawer for a looooooong time so I was happy to finally get to use it on something. I even managed to use it on the card for tomorrow's post. Guess once I pulled it out of the drawer, I didn't want to put it back.

A few punched dots around one edge and the card is finished.

TIP: Leave the inside of your cards blank so that you can pull the card from your stash and use it for whatever 'themed' event you need it for: thank you, thinking of you, birthday, get well soon, even a sympathy card for just the right person.

Thanks for visiting.
Until next time -
Happy Stamping.

Jill

3 comments:

Louise said...

Jill, I love these colors, too. You keep talking "Copics" and I will probably have to invest in some before I retire! Lovely card. The hat makes me think of my sister. Thanks!

Kay M said...

Beautiful card! I have this same DP from K&Company and forgot to use it when I entered the challenge. This is beautiful!!

merniebug said...

This is such a beautiful card and so perfect for Mother's Day.