Friday, April 16, 2010

M.I.A.

Wow! What a month it's been around here. Between health issues and tax preparation, I haven't had time (or energy) for anything - not even the love of my life. No, not my hubby (I always make time for him) but the OTHER love of my life - stamping! Finally this past weekend I was able to get a start on it again and spent last Saturday making cards. Some people might mass produce and get alot of cards done in the 7.5 hours I had, but I managed 6 masculine cards in that amount of time so I was pretty happy about that.

This is one of the cards I made that day. It's a simple design, but I really like the contrast between the curves and right angles.

The cardbase was created using a stamp from SU! WITH GRATITUDE in CHOCOLATE CHIP INK on SU! KRAFT CARDSTOCK. Then I matted a rectangle of striped DP from SU! PARISIAN BREEZE onto a piece of BAYOU BLUE cardstock. I stamped the boot using MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK ink onto SU! WHISPER WHITE cardstock then cut it out with a SPELLBINDER'S CIRCLE NESTABILITIES so that the boot was off-centered. The edge of the circle is sponged in SU! CHOCOLATE CHIP ink. I stamped a second boot image and colored both images using COPIC markers. I cut out the second boot image and attached it to the circle using SU!DIMENSIONALS, attached the circle to the matted DP, and then adhered the entire center piece to the cardbase. The last step was to add the brads around the edge of the circle.

TIP: To add the metal brads, I used wire cutters and snipped of the prongs off each brad, attached a SU! MINI GLUE DOT to the back of each one and set them in place around the circle. I find this much easier than punching holes evenly around the circle and it creates less bulk under the layers.

The OUTSIDE reads: Dearest Dad
The INSIDE reads: No one can fill your shoes. You're the Best. Happy Father's Day!

Thanks for visiting with me today. Sorry I've been away for so long but hopefully that situation is remedied now.

Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

3 comments:

Kelly L said...

Great job! I really like the circles with the stripes as well. Love those boots!! :) Kelly

Louise said...

Hi, Jill, really cute cowboy boots card! Sorry I missed the get together. And thanks for the tip about cutting off the prongs of the brads. Sounds like a good idea to keep the "thickness" to a minimum. Have a good week!

merniebug said...

Gotta love those cowboy boots, particularly if one is from Arizona, right? You did a spectacular job with this card as yi do with all your wonderful cards.