Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NO SEW FABRIC PROJECTS

I know you must have seen the new fabric line that Stampin'Up! is carrying in their 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog. I adore fabric (I'm a recovering quilter!) and think the "DECK THE HALLS" fabric is gorgeous. It's 3 different patterns of fabric - basically a total of 2/3 of a yard of 54" wide fabric, for $9.95. The problem is for some of you, that the thought of sewing can bring on a case of the shakes and night sweats - so - what to do???? How about some ideas for using the fabric that doesn't require a sewing machine or even no sewing at all?

These designs are not mine - they are the work of a very creative friend of mine and member of my demonstrator group, Julia Jackson.
The one I'm showing first is my FAVORITE! It was created using the Stampin'Up! 5 pt 3D Star die (Item: 113473 $19.95) which is now a "MUST HAVE" for me. This star is beautiful in real life and would beautiful sitting atop a Christmas tree or just placed on a fireplace mantel with greens and pinecones. All the items used to create this card can be found in the Holiday Mini.
Also in keeping with the Christmas tree theme is this adorable little puffed ornament which uses the same fabric, fabric adhesive, TOP NOTE die, and cotton balls as filler. (Note: there is a little handstitching around the sides to keep the cotton balls inside.

Or what about simply using strips of the fabric in place of ribbon on a card??

Or how about a hairclip for that little girl in your life?

Or twisted and wrapped around a punched circle of sticky adhesive paper to make a rosette?

Or batting stuffed fabric coasters accented with coordinating buttons?

See? Didn't I tell you she was clever????

For more ideas be sure to check out the Holiday Mini catalog online.

Until next time -

Happy Stamping!

Jill

2 comments:

Sarah Bennett said...

Wow- your friend's creations are all fabulous! I love that SU! fabric, but do not sew, and it's still sitting here unopened. I am so happy to have found some wonderful inspiration here. Thanks so much for sharing Jill's talent with us!

Sarah Bennett said...

Whoops- I meant Julia's talent, lol! Sorry!