Monday, September 6, 2010

VINTAGE ROSES

I'm apparently in a "pink" mood lately as it seems every card I've made is that color. Or - it could be that I'm too lazy to search for another color combo and am using the bits and pieces that are laying around on my desk. Either way, I'm pleased with the cards I've made this weekend and this one is no exception. The only thing I would change now that it's finished is that I wish I had backed the image in pink (imagine that!) instead of white.


I stamped a retired Stampin'Up! image from the set "HEAVEN SCENT" in Memento Brown Ink onto Neenah Classic Solar White cardstock and colored it using Copic markers. I also used the Copics to color the mini pearls to match the image. The cardbase and colored cardstock is Stampin'Up! Pretty in Pink and Whisper White. The die cut background was created using Spellbinders Dies: Fleur De Lis Shapeabilities, Lattice Borderabilities, and both large and small Circle Nestabilities.

Tip 1: When using detailed dies like the Fleur De Lis, place a piece of wax paper between the die and the cardstock when cutting. It will allow the design to slip easily from the die without tearing.

Tip 2: When using the Lattice Borderabilities die, do not throw away the large pieces that punch out from the ends. You can add them to your card to create additional dimension and design. e.g. I used them on this card as the "mounts" for the circular image.

Thanks for visiting -
and until next time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

4 comments:

Louise said...

Very, very nice!
Love the softness of it - great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think your card is pretty as is.
Love the rose stamp.
ColleenB.

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is so pretty, and I love pink! I like the way you used your bits!

Michelle said...

I just love your work....