Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SAGE & SWEET PEAS

I'm setting a record of some kind. I'm sure of it. I've posted a card for 3 consecutive days! Probably because I had a 3 day weekend and had a little more energy to be creative.

You wouldn't know it by the way I dress, or wear my hair, or even decorate my home, but I LOVE vintage/victorian decor & accessories. China teacups with pink rosebuds, lace & doilies, filigree, pearls, etc. So I had fun creating today's card.



I began with a cardbase of Stampin'Up! Whisper White cardstock and covered the front with a Cuttlebug Textile Embossed piece of Stampin'Up! Sage Shadow cardstock. Next I used my BIGSHOT and cut a frame using the Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frameabilities die.

I used the Sweet Pea set from FLOURISHES for my image. What says vintage better than an old-fashioned flower. One that I remember well from my grandmother's yard. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Neenah Classic Solar White cardstock and colored it with Copic markers in shades of Blue-Green and Green. I cut it out using Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities. I cut and embossed 4 pieces of Whisper White using one of the smaller dies from Spellbinders Lattice Shapeabilities and then sponged then in Sage Shadow ink before removing the pieces from the die. I glued these to the back of the oval image and then centered this piece onto the cardbase. To complete the Victorian feel I wanted, I added tiny seed pearls all around.

A little time consuming to create but worth the effort in the end.

Thanks for visiting with me today.
Remember to give thanks in everything -
and until next time -

Happy Stamping.

Jill

1 comment:

Louise said...

That is just beautiful!!!

Thanks for your tip to use wax paper between the die and the cardstock to make removal easier.
I was having a difficult time getting it to cut out properly.