Friday, November 7, 2008

EGGPLANT, ROSES & MEDALLIONS

My goodness!!! I didn't realize how long it had actually been since I had updated my blog. Almost a two week hiatus - NOT good! I actually hit about a 4 day period during that time that I considered giving it all up. Selling all my stamping supplies, signing off as a demonstrator - EVERYTHING. I don't know what was wrong with me - maybe temporary insanity - but all is well and I'm back to my normal "can't get enough of stamping" self.


Today's card, which I got out of bed an hour earlier than usual to make, (see, I told you I was back to my can't get enough self) uses Eggplant Envy, Whisper White and watercolor paper. I would love to tell you the name of the stamp set - but I'm not at home right now and I can't remember which set I used. A retired one though. Heaven Scent perhaps???? The medallion was created using a corner punch and a neat little technique I learned recently. If you are interested in a tutorial let me know and I'll post one. A Cuttlebug Embossing folder with the BigShot, gold ribbon, gold brads, gold Stickles and stardust Stickles were used to add a little texture and bling.


Give it a try and see what you can come up with. Any decorative corner punch will work and you can achieve some really different effects. I'm planning on posting a different one tomorrow so make sure to check back.


Have a great day, take time to play - but more importantly, take time to pray. There are many out there who are struggling and only the gentle, loving care from our heavenly father can bring comfort.


Thanks for visiting.


Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
I'd love to see a tutorial. I haven't tried one, but am wondering how you calculate the size circle you need based on the punch you want to use.
Thanks for all your great inspiration!
Bonnie in Coon Rapids MN
where it's snowing right now;-(

Carol Parcell said...

Wow, Jill, that card is awesome....purple, too!!!