Saturday, November 29, 2008

SAYING GOODBYE

Well this is it girls. The final card that I will be posting - Christmas Card that is. Thanks to the long Holiday from work I was able to complete the rest of my Christmas cards last night and will be addressing them today for mailing.

First, let me apologize up front for the color of this photo. My camera just couldn't capture the true color. It is much more rich looking IRL.

This is a fairly simple card to create - though there is a little time involved in making the layered snowflake. I got the idea for the snowflake from Anna Wight, a wonderfully creative stamper. You can check out the inspiration snowflake here. IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!

Cardstock:
Light tan linen - Hobby Lobby
Very Vanilla - Stampin'Up!
Bravo Burgundy - Stampin'Up!

Stamps
Merry Christmas - MSE - CC115
Inside Greeting - Stampabilities - GR1143

Punches
Branch - Martha Stewart
Small Snowflake - Martha Stewart
Stampin'Up! Snowflake Die

Accessories
Twine
Button
Stardust Stickles

To create the snowflake I die cut a snowflake from Very Vanilla using the Stampin'Up! Snowflake and the BigShot then punched six branches, sponged them with Bravo Burgundy and adhered them to the back of the Stampin'Up! Snowflake die. I added Stardust Stickles to the VV snowflake because I don't have any of the crushed glass glitter, then used a dimensional to pop up the small Martha Stewart Snowflake which was also sponged in Bravo Burgundy. Stardust Stickles was added to this layer as well. The button is tied with twine and glued to the center of the completed snowflake.

The Stampin'Up! Mat Pack and piercing tool were used to evenly space the holes around the snowflake and the sentiment was stamped in Bravo Burgundy. Not shown is the inside greeting which says: "May the glory of Christ's birth bring you joy and hope at Christmas time and always."

Those of you coming to the Christmas Craft and Pizza Party next Saturday will have a chance to create two of these snowflakes for your projects.

Thanks for visiting and remember to take a little time to play today.

Jill


Just a side note - when you are out in the stores this holiday season make it a point to be patient, gracious and kind. May God's grace and comfort be with the family of the Walmart employee who lost his life due to impatience, selfishness and greed. I'm sure our Lord must be deeply saddened that the celebration of his birth has turned into this feeding frenzy.

1 comment:

Linsey R said...

OMGosh, Jill--this is gorgeous (even if it doesn't capture its true color)! I can't believe how organized and on-top-of-things you are! Already done and ready to address all your Christmas cards?!?! How extraordinarily inspiring, my friend! Boy, am I happy I disovered you! :) TFS and happy Sunday!