Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A KISS FOR ALL SEASONS

Titles are the most difficult part of blogging - sorry!

In my last post I mentioned I thought the adorable Hanglar Stanglar images would make a nice series to adorn my craftroom wall - so I ended up enlarging them on the computer so I could make a nice 5x7 framed image of each one. After doing that I decided that just 4 of the images to represent the seasons would be enough and found three that were perfect for Spring, Summer and Winter. Autumn was a little trickier though - so with some photoshop fun I added a pumpkin to the wagon of one of the images and made my Autumn image.



Each one is colored using Stampin'Up Markers, an aqua painter and 140# watercolor paper. Since the images are computer generated on the watercolor paper I had to let them dry for about 15 minutes before coloring so the black ink wouldn't smear.

Since I really didn't plan to post these images I needed to make a card that would go together quickly. (This is the K.I.S.S. part of the title.)This card was created in about 10 minutes. I used the iris image from SU! Long Stemmed and stamped it on watercolor paper using black Stazon ink. I painted the image using SU! markers and an aqua painter, trimmed it to size, mounted it on Orchid Opulence then attached it to the front of a celery-green linen card base. The card was purchased several years ago in a card/envelope set from JoAnn's. The last step was to stamp "wish" from the SU! set "Small Script" in orchid opulence below the image. Quick, easy but pretty.

Thanks for visiting today.


Jill




No comments: