Sunday, November 30, 2008

WINTER WONDERLAND

WOW! Was I surprised when I woke up this morning! I hadn't heard the forecast in the past several days -and Thanksgiving was a sultry 50 degrees here in East Peoria - so to wake up and see the snow all around was a shocker! But since I have nowhere I have to be today and since I LOVE snow - it was a wonderful surprise.

I know I said yesterday that I had posted my last Christmas card of the season - but I lied! When I finished inserting all my cards into the envelopes, I realized I had seven addressed envelopes but no cards to go in them. Somehow I miscounted and still needed to create 7 cards. Looking out my window at the falling snow was all the inspiration I needed. I grabbed my camera, opened the back door and stood there in the doorway - barefoot and sleeveless in the falling snow - and shot a scene from my backyard. I resized the photo, converted it to black and white and added a Christmas Greeting in Photoshop, printed out 7 copies and layered them onto designer paper and white cardstock. Punched out a few snowfakes, stamped the inside and created 7 cards to fill the empty envelopes.

Once the stickles dries I can finish sealing the envelopes and Christmas Cards 2008 will be finished. Maybe now is a good time to begin Christmas 2009! LOL!!!!

Thanks for visiting today. Snuggle down, stay warm and get creative.

Jill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. What a great photo.

Anonymous said...

How great to be blessed with the blanket of snow this morning!
You sure captured the beauty!

thanks for sharing another of your many talents!

Darlene said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Mother Nature sure does provide beauty for our creative minds! Wonderful card!!