Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CELEBRATING INDIVIDUALISM

*** NOTICE: ****I am resending this post today. Apparently only the 10 people I originally signed up to receive email notices received this. Unfortunately all of my readers who signed up through Feedblitz did not get their email. So if you are receiving this twice - please be patient until we get the problem corrected. Thanks.****

Whenever I post a card - whether here or on my Splitcoaststampers gallery - I always enjoy reading the comments that my readers/viewers leave behind. Many of my blog readers send private email comments rather than leave them on the blog and make suggestions on how they think I could improve my work. I LOVE THOSE COMMENTS!!!!! But I'm never really sure how to proceed because one person will tell me they feel there is too much bling or embellishment and the next person will tell me that they love the added extras! THAT dear friends is what is so wonderful about people! Each of us is unique - with our own preferences and attitudes - but when we combine our ideas and thoughts we learn and better ourselves (and in the case of crafting - our creations)! In the end, while I do try to make my cards attractive to the people getting them or viewing them, I make them to please MY eye. Any piece of artwork, whether a card, scrapbook page, quilt, photograph, or painting is an expression of the artist's preferences and personality. That is why I always try to encourage each of you to gather information and ideas from my blog - but then to go from there and create your own works of art - and yes, a card is definitely a work of art!





Today's card was made using this weeks color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Always Artichoke, Rose Red and Black. And for those of you who prefer plain cards to embellished ones - this card is for you.

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Rose Red, Whisper White
Stamps: SU!Natural Beauty, SU!Small Script
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Red Brads

I hope you enjoyed the post today and will get busy creating your "masterpiece". I would love to see it when you've finished so leave a comment with a link or simply email me a photo.

Have a great day!

Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...Lovin the dry emobssed swriled BG. Thanks for the inspiration, I love seeing different layouts or color combo's to inspire me to make my own creations. Wonderful blog. TFS

Anonymous said...

That is stunning in Black!
I like the elegant simplicity of it!