Monday, March 2, 2009

AN IRISH BLESSING

I'm not Irish - and it's not St. Patrick's Day - so why a card in green with an Irish Blessing? Because this is what my hands created - all by themselves - with no plan or reason. This actually started out to have a beautiful, bright and cheery lily image as the focal point. Truly.

I started with the main image and a sketch (which can be seen HERE) by Laurie Schmidlin whose wonderful blog is Just Give Me Stamps. I decided to back the main image in Handsome Hunter because the stems and leaves had this color in them. Then I built the card from there. When I was finished I had this wonderful monochromatic card with a bright, colorful image and I HATED it. That's when I went online to find a verse about butterflies and found this Irish Blessing. Since the entire card without the image was green what better choice could there be right?




All products used on this card are from Stampin'Up! with the exception of the half pearls and the scallop punch.


Recipe
Handsome Hunter Cardstock
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Butterflies - cut out from Afternoon Tea Designer Paper (retired)
Small Sayings Stamp Set (small butterfly)
Handsome Hunter Ink
White Gel Pen
Half Pearls in 2 sizes
Martha Stewart Scallop Punch


Thanks for visiting today. Remember to take time to play and don't get discouraged if your first attempt doesn't come out right - just take it apart, change the element you don't like and save the original to repurpose at a later time. You might still see those lillies at some point in the future!


Jill

No comments: