Friday, March 20, 2009

SIXTH FOLDER SIXTH PHOTO CHALLENGE

Came across a fun little challenge on Anna Wights blog today and thought I would play along.

To play I had to go to my photos folder in my computer and post the 6th photo in the 6th folder. I was curious about what my 6/6 photo would be but was pleased that it was this one - the two people who loved me first and loved me best - my parents.

This photo was taken approximately 4 years into their marriage, making my mom 22 years old and my dad 24. We just celebrated his 82nd birthday this past weekend so that tells you how old this photo is. My mother passed away in 1994 just 2 years shy of their 50th wedding anniversary. Their young love lasted a life-time and beyond.


The second part of this challenge is to tag 6 others to play along. I am tagging Becca, Leslie, Sherri, Theresa, Faith, and Cindy. I don't know yet if each one will play along, but they've all been tagged. And if you want to know why I chose these ladies make sure to check out their blogs. Then I won't have to explain!

I don't have a card for you today - but thought I would show you a project that I did for a computer illustration class I was taking. The assignment was to create a fully illustrated menu for some type of restaurant. I decided to have a seafood buffet and use characters from various oceanic themed cartoons. I drew each image on the computer using Adobe Illustrator. What a blast this was!




Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.

Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see your Dad's face in yours!
What a neat photo!